Thursday, June 02, 2005

Vacation

So, I love my job, but I'm burnt out. In order to do my job well, you have to be prepared to fail most of the time, to not find what you're looking for or to be wrong about the value of what you've found, or to lose the good things to someone else. And, once you've found that good thing, it's a lot of negotiating a lot of egos and keeping a lot of people who want a lot of different things and have a lot of different expectations happy. When I'm good, I'm helping dead men find justice. When I'm bad, I'm finding what joy I can in Excel spreadsheets. Lately, I've been bad. I'm coming to the end of my time with the aforementioned dead men, and I'm going to turn them over to other people, and they'll have to find their place in history without me. I've done what I can. But they've been on my mind for a couple of years and part of my day-to-day life for a year. And I need a break. So, as soon as I can settle some stuff with the Hall of Fame, I'm going on vacation. You, dear readers, won't notice much of a difference, because I'm just going to be here, at home. A weekend that never ends, at least not for ten days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home