Tuesday, July 26, 2005

America, Give Me Your Money!

America, give me your money and I will flush it down the toilet along with my own. Really, you've never met a girl so gifted at just handing her money to corporate America for no reason other than her own stupidity. USBank (motto: Us bank, you customer): $120 in overdraft charges, due, in part, to my own inability to read my own fucking handwriting. You're welcome. Citibank (motto: Hook 'em when they're broke in college and keep 'em paying that shit off forever): $200 in interest a month, roughly. Other credit card (motto: We're here for you when your employer tells you after you've moved to take the job that the pay is actually $5,000 a year less than you were told.): $200 in interest a month, roughly. The credit union (motto: Even poor people need easy access to crippling debt!): Whatever the fuck the car payment is, plus the loan I had to take out to cover moving into this place. The Government: $270 a month in student loans. America, let me tell you what's going to happen. I'm going to win the lottery. Not the whole shebang, but enough to pay off Citibank. I'm going to be so nervous about putting that check in the mail that I'm going to want to drive to a Citibank office and hand them the check in person. On my way there, I will wreck my car, giving myself selective amnesia, so that I can remember nothing I learned after high school graduation, and thus, I'll be unable to work, and the only thing I'll have to show for my life is that I finally paid off one credit card.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home