Sunday, January 02, 2005

Walking the Bottoms

For as long as Mrs. Wigglebottom and I have been exploring various parks all over town, I've wanted to walk all of the Shelby Bottoms Greenway. The only problem was that I had no idea how long it was and I didn't want to get to one end and discover that I couldn't get back. So, today, the Professor parked at one end and I parked at the other end and we walked from her car to my car. It was awesome. We saw these vibrant blue birds and lots of mud puddles and it was raining, but only slightly. Of course, there were crows. The whole thing took us about an hour and forty five minutes, which means, if the trail really is five miles, that we were walking a twenty minute mile. This means that if you are ever being chased by a bear, you probably want the Professor and me walking along that same path, because our only hope would be that we're resourceful and would probably either devise a sophisticated kind of camouflaged or throw food at you to make it worth the bear's while to keep chasing you instead of eating us.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aunt B said...

Well, obviously, I'm fine with the pace we move. And the next time we do it, my goals are more along the lines of "get the dog to respond calmly to the presense of other dogs" instead of walking it more quickly.

Perhaps the Sheik knows. Is it true that time moves more quickly for the rushing commuter than the girl sitting on the park bench? I think the string theorist on PBS was implying such a thing.

If so, then we should all move more slowly.

1/04/2005 10:02:00 AM  
Blogger Aunt B said...

Well, damn, that means that there are an infinite number of Aunt Bs who were making the brave choices when I was making the cowardly ones.

Think of the alternate brothers-in-law ravaged! The alternate skeevy jobs in New Orleans! Out there, some of me are braver and more daring.

Of course, others of me are still asleep in bed, skipping work, and at least one of me is married to the Man from GM after his mom forces us down the aisle at gun-point, and, sadly, quite a few of me are still sitting in bars in small midwestern towns talking about things that happened in high school as if they were the last important things to ever happen.

So, I guess I'm one of the lucky Bs.

1/05/2005 08:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home