Thursday, July 14, 2005

Odds & Ends

1. According to my TV--and why would it lie to me?--Loretta Lynn became a grandmother at 29. I can barely imagine being a mother at 31. 2. Yes, I'm doing some dishes so that, no matter how much the Man from GM doesn't mind the comfiness, we have something to eat off of. 3. I have finally made the blog roll at Pith In The Wind. PITW is the blog of the Nashville Scene. I don't know if this means I'll have to start being nice to them or what. I've challenged them to a tag team wrestling match just to finally get an answer to a lingering question. We'll see what comes of it. 4. Even though I had a shitty day, I heard 2 Led Zeppelin songs on the radio and Three Dog Night and CCR. At least Nashville radio still loves me. I have to say that my favorite thing about that Three Dog Night song is that, when they sing "Joy to the world" it's not nice. There's no froo froo softness. It's really incredible, that they sing about joy like it's a revolutionary emotion, not just a step up from happy. Well, I guess it is. Led Zeppelin, it's true that if I had a time machine, I would not have dinner with you, but good god, I would go back in time to let y'all walk me through Alistair Crowley's house...

3 Comments:

Blogger twila said...

I was a grandma at 33. Yeah, that's right, teen pregnancy all running in the family.

7/14/2005 10:59:00 PM  
Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

Kudos on the PITW blogroll, Auntee.

7/15/2005 07:10:00 AM  
Blogger Aunt B said...

Twyla, if you are, by chance, the grandmother of my nephew, who's grandmother was also that age (I think) when he was born, I apologize for the recalcitrant brother and cannot explain why he likes to help your ex-husband clean out septic tanks.

Rex, thanks. I will use my power and influence to pick fights, if I can.

7/15/2005 08:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home