Saturday, October 15, 2005

Our Triumphant Return to the Park

It took me an hour and a half to walk around the park. I kept having to stop and rest* and the dog was more than happy to just stand around and tilt her face into the sun, so we were pretty slow going. But I had to get out of the house. I feel like I've been cooped up here for days. So, even though I'm probably going to spend the rest of the afternoon asleep, I got out and enjoyed the sunshine and felt glad to be alive. If there's anything that regularly makes me as happy as coming over the top of the hill and seeing the road twisting beneath us and the trees stretching above us and realizing that the brain has turned off--no worrying about the bills, no replaying things over and over again, thinking of all the ways I could have been smoother or stronger or whatever--and it's just me and the dog and the walk before us. It makes me whole again, almost every time I go. *read: "decide if I was going to throw up or die or what"

1 Comments:

Blogger twila said...

Nature, She's good that way.

10/16/2005 07:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home