Friday, November 18, 2005

Diet Dr Pepper

America, I require very little in the way of special handling and I like to think that whatever annoying quirks I have, I've found work-arounds on my own. But my fragile world is held together by the presence of just a few non-negotiables--Mrs. Wigglebottom*, access to a vehicle, and Diet Dr Pepper. Today, I am without my dog and without my car. All I have is this Diet Dr Pepper between me and madness. Okay, fine, further madness. *I am now done being here mentally, which is pretty terrible because I still have until Sunday. But I've got nothing novel to look forward to, no more armed dinner companions, and, since the adventurous part of the trip is over, I'd really rather be at the park with my dog or curled up on the couch with her curled up next to me. I'm about ready to call home and leave her messages on the machine.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you hate it when you can't FIND Diet Dr P?

11/18/2005 08:04:00 PM  
Blogger melusina said...

Hey, at least you have Diet Dr. Pepper. My kingdom for more softdrink choices!

11/19/2005 11:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home