Sunday, March 05, 2006

Mrs. Wigglebottom Believes in Napping after the Park

Mrs. Wigglebottom and I went to the park. We haven't been to the park in ages. I was thinking about it and I don't think we went at all in February. In retrospect, that takes me a little aback. But, we aren't dwelling on the negative; we are nurturing the happiness. Here's the kick-ass stuff about the park: 1. Hardly anyone else was there. 2. Lighting 100 was playing the most awesome fun songs, all this punkabilly nonsense, as we drove to the park. 3. I kind of think of life as coming forth out of death, but at the park today, it was as if a happy green fog had settled in under the trees--not emerging out of the bushes, but drifting down onto it. None of the trees believe that spring is here, but everything low to the ground is willing to optimistically spread their branches so that life can nestle in. And in a delicate green haze, life is reemerging in the park. 4. On the way home, we saw a hawk and on Lighting 100 again, they played "Pass You By" by Gillian Welch and I love that song. 5. We went to the Wendy's on White Bridge Road and the kid at the drive-through, who was just this young scrawny dude when we finally saw him, had the most ready for radio voice you've ever heard. I told him that and he strutted around. 6. Now, Mrs. Wigglebottom is curled up on the couch, snoring away. 7. Also, she was running around with a stick at the park, and I noticed that she was tossing it up and catching it herself. So, she won't play fetch with me, but she'll play catch with herself. How funny is that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home