Sunday, April 24, 2005

Mushy Post about Mrs. Wigglebottom

Today I took the dog back to the park. We usually do our long walk on Saturday, as was the case this weekend, but it was so beautiful today that I couldn't resist her when she tilted her head and pricked up her ears and looked at me like "What awesome thing are we doing next?" That's what does me in about Mrs. Wigglebottom. She's always game for anything. If you want to sit on the couch and read things that make you cry, she'll cuddle up next to you. If you want to surf the internet, she'll sleep at your feet. If you want to go to the park, she's on her way to the car. She and I were playing in the tall grass and she'd put her front paws out in front of her, her butt in the air, and her tail would stick straight up, waving just a little bit as I looked over at her, a little bit more as I ran at her, and then, just as I got to her, she'd shoot off in a large looping circle around me, leaning in towards me as she slid by, then off to the end of her leash, turning just before it reached taut and coming back my way. If you've never seen a dog running just for the hell of it, you're missing out. Then, she'd flop down in the grass, her tongue hanging out, and she looks up at me, with this big smile and then, rolls in a big pile of poop! Gross for me, but heaven for her. Ah, well. My dog makes me a better person--more active, more at ease, less stressed by a little poop here or there--but I don't know if I've made her a better dog. I'd like to think so.

8 Comments:

Blogger Peggasus said...

Oh, you're killing me here with the doggy posts. :)

It's not helped by the fact that I watched a Nature and a Nova about dogs back-to-back yesterday. It almost makes me want to go get another puppy. Almost.

4/25/2005 09:27:00 AM  
Blogger Aunt B said...

Oh, puppies! It wouldn't be fair to Mrs.Wigglebottom for me to get another dog, but I've been trying very hard to convince the Professor that she should get a puppy that I can come over and play with.

The Professor's excuse is that her apartment is too small and her life too hectic. Whatever. If she got a very small dog, she could take it with her like those scrawny blonde socialites do.

4/25/2005 11:33:00 AM  
Blogger Aunt B said...

But isn't getting to puppysit its own reward? If you got a tiny puppy named, say, Bruno, he could come to the office with me while you are in San Juan and sleep tucked on my lap while I work...

4/25/2005 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger Aunt B said...

I have a dog that doesn't fit comfortably on anyone's lap. That doesn't stop her.

If you don't want to behave like a scrawny blonde socialite, I guess I'll have to stop selling certain tapes on EBay. Too bad. It was good pin money.

4/25/2005 04:10:00 PM  
Blogger Aunt B said...

I should point out--I kid. There are no tapes of the Professor doing anything with Rick Solomon.

4/25/2005 04:11:00 PM  
Blogger Aunt B said...

Oh, how difficult it is to tease people without cable! Rick Solomon is the sleazy ex-husband of Shannon Dougherty who sold the tape of him and Paris Hilton having sex. He called it "One Night In Paris" and it was shot, partially, in weird night vision.

At least, that's what I gather from "Best Week Ever," which is a show on VH1--which is a channel like MTV (which purpotes to be music television, but is mostly a channel full of angry unbalanced young people living together in contrived situations) but for the 25-40 year old set--that has B-list celebrities making snarky comments about the week in pop culture.

4/25/2005 05:45:00 PM  
Blogger Peggasus said...

WTF?

I thought this post started about dogs being cute n'shit.

4/26/2005 02:14:00 AM  
Blogger Aunt B said...

Hmm. Good point. Maybe I should change the name of this blog to Tangential Cat Pants, just to give fair warning about how things might drift.

4/26/2005 08:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home