Saturday, October 15, 2005

Drinking with the Butcher

Apparently, the best way to pick a wine is to grab the largest bottle you can find that has your last name on the label. Then, you come home to watch South Park and make snarky comments about Ecclesiastes. This is what it's like to drink with the Butcher: "Why the fuck do we work so hard in this country? Eight hours is a long time to work at a fucking place you hate. My god, I think this is the Book of the Butcher. Heh, no wonder Cartman hates Kyle. 'I have many wives who gave me great pleasure.' Our children read this book, I mean, come on. They're going to figure this out eventually. 'Nothing on earth is worth the trouble.' 'I discovered that wisdom is better than foolishness, just like light is better than darkness.' Mrs. Wigglebottom. Shhh. Wigglebottom. This is a very down-bringing book. You're wise; you're not. We're all going to end up in the same place. Damn. I now can understand how someone could write a book about this. You'd have to take three hundred pages to turn this into something Christian. Ah, what do I know? I haven't even made it halfway through yet. But wow, I understand why Republicans believe what they believe. 'The best thing we can do is enjoy eating, drinking, and working.' Hey, wow, this is that Byrds song. This is about me. Am I this depressing?"

2 Comments:

Blogger twila said...

Why I despise Ecclesiastes: vs. 12 - "excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body".

Is not. How dare he attack my pet obsession?

10/16/2005 07:56:00 AM  
Blogger Aunt B said...

Well, maybe he meant trying to move when you have an excessive devotion to books, because that does wear me out.

10/16/2005 07:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home