Things I Worry About, in No Particular Order
- That the Butcher is miserable and thinks he's shielding me from it.
- That I frightened y'all off with my craziness.
- That the tiny cat has some real medical problem which is why she pulls all her hair out every winter and I'm not doing enough to insist that the vet figure out what it is.
- That contrary to all evidence, Mrs. Wigglebottom will someday eat me.
- That I will never have a place to call my own.
- That the tiny cat is eating the dog's food even though her own food is right there.
- That one of us will wreck my car and then neither of us will be able to get to work.
- That I will always be poor.
- That I do think too much about this shit.
- That our landlord will evict us for no reason.
- That the recalcitrant brother will go to prison.
- My nephews.
- The weird tiny bump on my knee.
- What if I go blind?
- Where am I going to come up with the money to get some new shoes?
Hey. That's it. Even if I give myself over completely to worry, I can only come up with fifteen things that are paralyzing me with fear.
Fifteen's not so many. Fifteen's doable. I can handle worrying about fifteen things.
Naming them was a good idea.