- Damn. The weather is so beautiful! This morning I didn't even need a jacket when I walked Mrs. Wigglebottom. And last night we sat out on the porch for an hour and read and sniffed the lawn. It was luxurious.
- So, yeah, I think I'm allergic to winter. I mean, folks, you know. I've been feeling bad. My unhappiness was like a roommate who would regularly shit in the tub. My unhappiness flailed around looking for a reason to exist--my job, the Butcher, being poor, lack of good steady men, etc.--but it only wants a reason to exist to mask the fact that there is no reason for it. It's just there. But after sitting outside yesterday and then walking the dog this morning, I feel better than I have in months. It's weird. I don't feel great, but I feel like something has finally broken loose and is starting to move again.
- This has nothing to do with those other two things, but I was reading the blog of a blog I know and one of the commenters actually said, "Oh, man, sometimes being an empath really sucks" which made me want to travel back in time and stop Star Trek before it could start. I know that's not fair to Star Trek or to the millions of Star Trek fans who understand that, even if you can pretend to be whatever you want to be, you are not actually really an alien. Do people who call themselves empaths think that the rest of us don't feel for others? That they alone are capable of vividly imagining what it must be like to feel what someone else is going through? I like to mope around feeling sorry for myself. I don't assume that makes me special*.
- If I could write about music like this... God, that would be awesome.
- The Super Genius sent me flowers on Friday and today was the first day I had to throw one of the roses out. The rest of the flowers are still in fine form. Amazing.
*We all know it's the boob freckle that's destined to bring me fame.