Saturday, June 04, 2005

This is EXACTLY why I don't want you at the park

Today at the park we saw the following:
  1. Cardinals flying from tree to tree
  2. A deer eating down by the swingsets. For a long time it just stared at the dog and the dog just stared at it. Then, it turned and leaped off into the woods.
  3. The owl, which was sitting on a low tree branch, sleeping, and when I stopped to look at it, looked up drowsily at me, decided it couldn't eat me and I wouldn't eat it, and tucked its head back under its wing.
  4. A host of bright blue hummingbirds darting around the wildflowers.
  5. A big dark brown and white dog splashing around in this huge mud puddle.
  6. Many bicyclists.
  7. Two walkers.
  8. A dad and a very small child trying to fly a kite

Thing we did not see:

  1. Any other dogs
  2. A place to rinse the brown and white dog off before she got in the car.

One of these I was sad about, the other I was not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home