Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Cecilia Fire Thunder

Egalia and Twisty already posted about this, but it's so awesome I just had to share it with you, too. Cecilia Fire Thunder, the President of the Oglala Sioux Tribe on the Pine Ridge Reservation has pledged to open a Planned Parenthood on the Reservation to serve all of the women in South Dakota. She says, "I will personally establish a Planned Parenthood clinic on my own land which is within the boundaries of the Pine Ridge Reservation where the State of South Dakota has absolutely no jurisdiction." [emphasis mine]

4 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

You can get an abortion while playing the one-armed bandits. Awesome!!

3/22/2006 05:46:00 PM  
Blogger Aunt B said...

I can. Sadly for you, Lee, you'll just have to wait for reproductive technology to catch up with my desire to run around impregnating conservative men while they sleep.

3/22/2006 05:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This makes me abso-fucking-lutely ecstatic. Now the pro-lifers can have their way--abortions are illegal. And the women of South Dakota who want abortions can still have them.

IT'S TOTALLY WIN-WIN.

3/22/2006 06:48:00 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

B, I don't know if that scares me... or thrills me.

3/23/2006 05:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home