Monday, October 03, 2005

I Heart Miers

Old Sully (can I call him Sully? I feel like I can call him Sully. He can call me Belly, if he wants. It's all cool.) posts some choice quotes from RedState.org. I crib them from him:
Roe (or any other social issue) is simply not on his front burner. I've feared this, and now I'm convinced it's true. In fact, I think he and Rove are intentionally not placing anti-Roe votes on the Court. Roe stands, both Miers and Roberts uphold it (although upholding restrictions) and it becomes clear we have a 7-2 Supreme Court in favor of Roe.
and
The post below should not get lost, that her name was on a list of acceptables supplied by the Democrats. Bush is a gutless, abortionist liar. I spit on him. Seriously.
and
I cannot believe that I ever trusted this man. I am such a fool. I cannot believe that I have been so foolish as to look past the open borders, the excessive spending, the support of moderate Senators over Conservatives, the nation building in Iraq, the twisted bankruptcy "reform," etc.
and
could have picked a real conservative. instead, he picks a 60-year-old woman who's never been married and has never had kids. are we really to believe that she'll vote to overturn roe? are we to believe that this woman hasn't had sex outside of marriage over the past several decades? and if she has, hasn't she been counting on the right to abortion just as other career-oriented women do? bush has betrayed us. i will never again contribute to the republican party.
Then Sully chimes in:
As for Roe, it seems obvious to me why Bush-Rove don't want to over-rule it. The last thing they want is to remove that issue from their arsenal of campaign weaponry. Roe has long been the right's best friend in electoral politics. Why would they give it up now? You don't think that people like Rove are actually sincere about abortion, do you?
Shh. Listen, America. Do you hear that? That's the sound of me laughing long and hard. Yes, spite is the last bastion of losers. I don't give a shit. I laugh at you and your "beloved" idiot, who you voted into office and who has now finally stabbed you right in the back enough that you notice. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Want to add to the laughter?

DeLay just got nailed with a money laundering indictment.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

"I laugh at you and your "beloved" idiot, who you voted into office and who has now finally stabbed you right in the back enough that you notice."

I laugh at them, too.

10/03/2005 05:42:00 PM  
Blogger Kat Coble said...

Wha?

Why are we laughing? Just because some people don't like this choice for the Supremes?

I must admit that I don't feel that I know enough about her to care one way or the other.

I wasn't expecting, nor was I wanting anyone in the court who would overturn Roe. There are plenty of us who believe Roe to be good law. I would venture to say that many of the folks in an uproar don't even know why they're agitated. They just know that someone somewhere said they don't like this pick.

As with everything else, I think I'll wait until I know more than Jackshit about her before I make up my mind.

Although I would say that my first inclination is that I'd like to see SCOTUS nominations be slightly more serious than the Pillsbury bake-off.

10/03/2005 06:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems a little ironic that your laughter is caused by a 'betrayal' where he is apparently siding with your own belief.

10/03/2005 09:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to sign my previous comment.... Just so you know who said it.

W

10/03/2005 09:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home