Sunday, December 25, 2005

The Holiday Wrap-Up

Well, all in all, I'd call that a successful holiday. My pot roast turned out very nice. The Butcher and I folded some laundry. And we watched some stirring anti-corporate documentary on the Sundance channel. The Butcher is off to the airport to pick up one of his friend's mom. It was very cute watching him sit here with a box lid and a sharpy making a little sign so that she could find him at the baggage claim. I'm about to go upstairs and pack. That's right, I'm leaving y'all again. Well, not all y'all. I'll be hanging out with Miss J., and some of you, if you have the jobs I suspect you have, will be hanging with me, you just won't know it. But the rest of you, you're going to have to make due without me. It'll be hard, I know. Who will you fight with? Who will laugh at your jokes? Who lets you tell your mom that she's your girlfriend because your mom likes me so much and would never understand about that other chick? But I'll check in when I can and be back before you know it. Take care.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"sharpy"? "Make due"?

I don't believe B wrote this post.

12/28/2005 08:29:00 AM  
Blogger bridgett said...

I'm more of an AHA sort myself.

12/30/2005 07:13:00 PM  
Blogger Aunt B said...

Shoot, one should not smoke up and try to post, obviously.

12/31/2005 05:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home