Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Thrill is Gone

Yesterday, when the Butcher took me to work, we were both just sitting there silently at the stoplight and I said to him, after long, quiet minutes. "I feel like the magic has gone out of our relationship." "You're just now noticing? I haven't loved you since I was seven." "Is this the point where we start looking for outside siblings?" "Well, my brother is coming over on Christmas Eve and I don't want you to be a bitch about it." I laughed long and hard then and I laughed again when I was thinking about it while walking the dog. I know I complain a lot about him, and rightfully so, but I hope y'all also get a flavor for just how fucking funny the dude is, constantly. And, he's growing a beard, which makes him look like an overly earnest Presbyterian minister, and every time I get in the car with him, I look over and invariably he's got a little piece of green fuzz stuck in it. I used to do him the favor of pulling it off, but now, with Christmas being so close, I leave it there like a little decoration.

3 Comments:

Blogger SuperGenius said...

That is hilarous. I'm trying to imagine the beard, but I'm still stuck on the pith helmet he wore to the airport. My favorite memory of your brother is how when you moved in on the floor freshman year he looked incredibly young and yet like he would fit in at any big crazy party or cool dorm gathering. That and the puppets with the distinct personalties.

12/20/2005 11:07:00 AM  
Blogger Aunt B said...

I believe those puppets were hitting on you...

12/20/2005 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger SuperGenius said...

Puppets hit on me all the time. You can't even realize how crazy it is.

But, believe it or not, that is not how the Mathelete won me over.

12/20/2005 02:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home