I'm about ready to devote the evening to listening to Keith Olbermann and playing Rollercoaster Tycoon. I'm out of witty and insightful things to say about my vagina.
So, instead, here's some stuff I keep coming back to, like tiny pearls pried out of old clams at the bottom of this vast ocean we call the blogosphere.
1. The Wayward Boy Scout is as close as we'll ever come to seeing a libertarian poet
Here's his classic poem "You May Now Sue Everybody"
Sue every maker of car, home and portable music devices.
Sue every car maker for selling cars that go too fast.
Sue every light, flashlight and lightbulb maker for selling something that will hurt your vision.
Sue every maker of every kind of food.
Sue your HVAC maker for making a unit that can make your house too hot or too cold.
Sue every maker of every kind of chemical.
Fuck it. Everybody sue everybody.
In a weird way, it reminds me of Whitman.
2. Plimco got the most awesome poem
from some old married guy. I love it. Unless he's really old, then maybe it's yucky.
3. When Sarcastro puts his mind to it, he's an awesome writer. Read this
now before he gets back to his regular bitching about dead television stars.
4. Nashville Knucklehead knocks my socks off today. It starts out so awesome--"One score and a million beers ago"--detours through The Doors (and we all know how much I love The Doors)--"Hey, 'L. A. Woman' doesn't just learn itself, you know."--and ends with a stoner chasing a crazy man. Read it and weep
. What can I say that won't violate the restraining order? There's great wisdom in recognizing someone else's smarts.
6. I don't know how many folks there are over at Say Uncle--the Uncle himself & #9 I already knew--and today Gunnar brings the funny
7. And, what the fuck? Let's finish it off with another libertarian, who brings us the happy story
of police officers who have orgasms at the taxpayers' expense.